- yeovalley.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Yeo Valley Organic Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 10743193 whose registered office is at Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol, BS40 7YE.
Information we may collect and how we use it
- During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about our customers and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). The purpose of this policy is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data. However, data technology and rules change regularly, so we reserve the right to amend it at any time.
- We will comply with the seven data protection principles in the GDPR, which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights.
- Be kept secure
“Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include your contact details, other personally identifiable information, or information that we are able to infer about you based on your interaction with us. “Processing” means doing anything with the data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
- Yeo Valley collects the following information about you when you use our websites or respond to our advertising:
- information that you provide when you register with us (for example your title, name, email address, telephone number, postal address, DOB, gender, information about your household and relevant shopping habits);
- information collected by us as you browse and use our websites;
- information that is transmitted by your computer when you use our websites. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies.
- You may provide us with personal data or information about you;
- if you contact us via our websites, on the phone, by email or by letter post;
- if you create an account on one of our websites, including but not limited to a Yeokens account;
- if you buy products or redeem points or vouchers;
- if you interact with one of our posts on social media;
- if you opt in to receive our newsletters or any other information that you agree to;
- if you take part in a Yeo Valley branded prize draw, competition or one of our surveys;
- if you give us your explicit permission to share your data with a third party brand for a prize draw, competition, information request or survey.
- We will usually only process your personal data where you have given us your explicit consent and for a specific purpose, for example to receive our newsletter, or to create a Yeokens account or for entry into a prize promotion. We may also process your data where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. Such legitimate interests may include data profiling which helps us to understand what other interactions may be of interest to you.
- If you create a Yeokens account and/or register to receive our email newsletters, we may use your information to
- to operate the Yeokens Scheme, for example to enable you to earn, record and redeem points, and to provide other directly related scheme benefits that we may introduce from time to time;
- to profile you and your household’s characteristics and understand how you use the Yeokens Scheme and interact with our marketing channels such as our websites, email, surveys and social media channels. This understanding allows us to communicate better with you and deliver more relevant offers, prizes and other products;
- to assess the effectiveness of the marketing activities we carry out for Yeo Valley and for other brands that we partner with to ensure we deliver a great consumer experience;
- to use our understanding of your behaviour to show or provide you with information, offers, research surveys and digital advertisements for the products we believe are likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- to provide you with newsletters and other information about products and features of our websites which we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with relevant and related marketing activity for Yeo Valley and third parties if you have provided us with your consent to do so;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, including enhancing your user experience;
- to notify you about changes to our products and/or our websites;
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our websites so that they remain available to you.
Who we share data with
- We may share your data with the following companies within the Yeo Valley group and also licensees of our brand as listed below.
- Yeo Valley Farms Limited
- Yeo Valley Limited
- Yeo Valley Farms (Production) Limited
- Arla Foods Limited
- Unless we have obtained your specific consent, we will never transfer your data to third parties for them to communicate directly with you. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- for marketing purposes provided that we have had your direct consent (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on the website at the point of registration);
- to fulfil our obligations to you, for example to give a fulfilment company your address to send you a prize;
- to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Website);
- if Yeo Valley or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- in the event that we outsource any of our business functions including the hosting and maintenance of our data assets or websites in which case we will ensure that any such service provider complies with our data procedures and policies, and that they put in place adequate data security to the required industry standards;
- Examples of our service providers includes:
- Advertising companies, who help us advertise online and through other media;
- Social media providers such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- Market research and analytics partners who help us analyse customer behaviour (and demographics);
- Companies that run our email campaigns because they need to know your email address to communicate with you on our behalf;
- Companies who devise and administer competitions and promotions for us;
- Companies that may assist us with our community and social goals
We keep your information safe
- We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
- Your data may also be processed by staff that work for us or for one of our suppliers and may be situated outside the country where you entered that information. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our service(s) to you and the provision of support services.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to Yeo Valley have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for Yeo Valley.
- You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes.
- Ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Request that your data is deleted and forgotten.
- Prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
- To exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to the contact in section 27 with your full name and details and we will do our best to make the amendments as soon as possible. But do please understand that changes may not be immediate.
- We will ensure that we have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion.
About this policy
- This policy was approved on 1st March 2022. Any amendments will be available on this page. This policy is administered by our Data Protection Officer who can be contacted on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
- You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us or change your preferences at any time by visiting yeovalley.co.uk/unsubscribe
If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you or wish to inform us of any changes to your data, you may make a request in writing. Send all such requests to the addresses below.
- For email requests : email@example.com
- For written requests : Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7YE
- Full Address of the Data Controller : Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7YE
Keep up with everything happening in the valley...
...including upcoming events, recipes, competitions and more. Just pop your email address in below: