For the ice cream:
1. Place the milk and the cream into a pan and place on the stove, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until nice and fluffy.
2. Once the cream mixture comes to the boil, remove from the heat, pour over the egg mixture and gently whisk together.
3. Pass through a fine sieve and once cooled down, add the Blackcurrant Yogurt.
4. Pour all the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn.
5. Place into the freezer until required
For the apples cooked in Somerset cider:
1. Peel and core the apples and cut into 1/8’s Place the sugar into a non-stick pan and take to a very light caramel, once it gets to the colour you require, add the cider. Do be careful at this stage as adding liquid to hot sugar will make it splutter. So do it very carefully!
2. Once you have made the caramel and it is still on the stove, add in the apples so that they can soften down, they don’t need to be cooked all the way through, they should have a bit of bite to them.
3. Once you have the apples done and they have allowed to go cold, add them to your serving dish and place a ball of ice cream for each serving
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve immediately