Use this homemade ricotta in tarts, sauces or pizzas.
- Place ingredients in a saucepan & bring to the boil.
- After 2mins, once curdled, remove from the heat.
- Line a large sieve with a clean tea towel and place it over a large container to catch the whey.
- Pour the curdled mixture into the lined sieve & leave to cool.
- Twist the cloth with the curdled mixture to squeeze away the excess moisture, then remove from cloth and place in the container.
- Pop container in fridge for 12 hrs to allow ricotta to set.
- HANDY HINT:
- The leftover whey can be used as a replacement for water in bread-making. It can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2 weeks.