Chicken breasts gently simmered with smoked bacon, mushrooms and crème fraiche. Best served with steamed basmati rice and some crunchy bread to soak up all the fantastically creamy sauce.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 200g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small tub of Yeo Valley Crème Fraîche
- Chop the bacon into small slices and fry gently in the olive oil until they have started to go crispy. Now add in the chicken breasts and start to brown.
- Once they have browned on both sides add the flour and stir in well, this will help to thicken the sauce.
- Now add in the mushrooms and the crushed garlic cloves and stir gently until the mushrooms begin to colour.
- Now season with salt, pepper and fresh parsley (to taste) and the add in the Crème Fraîche.
- Stir in well and leave to simmer gently with the lid on for around 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with basmatic rice and crunchy bread. For a low fat version use Yeo Valley 0% Fat Natural Yeogurt, instead of the Crème Fraîche.