Ever thought about using yogurt in your scone recipes? Well once you’ve tried it you’ll never look back! Think of a fluffy, light texture that melts in your mouth and you’re not far off… A great way to use up left over yogurt and to make a barnstormingly perfect cream tea. Over to you.
500g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
25g Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
123g Cold Butter
250ml Yeo Valley Natural Yogurt
1 Egg Yolk beaten, to brush the top
- Sieve flour and mix with sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cube the cold butter and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the yogurt until it forms a soft dough, you may not need it all.
- Roll out to 2cm in height and cut with a round cutter.
- Brush the tops with the egg yolk and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180oC for 10-12 minutes until risen and golden on top.
- Cool and serve with strawberry jam and clotted cream.