- yeovalley.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Yeo Marketing Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 10743193 whose registered office is at Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol, BS40 7YE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about our customers and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of this policy is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data.
- However data technology and rules change regularly, so we reserve the right to amend it at any time.
- We will comply with the seven data protection principles in the GDPR, which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights.
- Be kept secure.
- “Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include your contact details, other personal information, photographs, expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you. “Processing” means doing anything with the data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
- Yeo Valley collects the following information about you when you use this Website:
- information that you provide. We may collect personal information (for example your name, email address and postal address) when you register for our newsletter;
- information collected by us as you use the Website;
- information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (please see section 13 below)
- We may use this information in the following ways (together the “Purposes”):
- to provide more appropriate services to you as a user of the Website, including enhancing your user experience;
- to provide you with newsletters and other information about features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so;
- for marketing third party products and services to you, but only if you have provided your direct consent for this;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you about changes to our products and/or the Website;
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website.
- We will usually only process your personal data where you have given us your explicit consent for example to register for access to our website, or for entry into a prize promotion, or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. The full list of conditions is set out in the GDPR.
- We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the GDPR.
- Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you.
- We will seek to keep the personal data we store about you accurate and up to date. Data that is inaccurate or out of date will be deleted. However, it is your obligation to keep us informed of any changes to your personal data, eg if you move house, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you. You may do this by sending an email as indicated in section 23.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required, which is typically two years from your last interaction with us, by email, website or other means.
- We will only process your data in line with your data rights.
- By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:
- the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in section 12 above;
- the sharing of your data with third parties in accordance with section 19 below; and
- our sharing personal information with other companies within the Yeo Valley group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 in connection with the Purposes and the operation of this Website.
- You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes.
- Ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
- To exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to the contact in section 23 with your full name and details and we will do our best to make the amendments as soon as possible. But do please understand that changes may not be immediate.
- We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
- We will ensure that we have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- for marketing purposes provided that we have had your direct consent to us sharing such data with third parties by notifying us via the Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on the Website at the point of registration);
- to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Website) in connection with the Purposes;
- if Yeo Valley or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
- Unless we have obtained your specific consent, we will never transfer your data to third parties for them to communicate directly with you. The only exception is where it is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, for example to give a fulfilment company your address to send you a prize. But we will only transfer personal data if the other company agrees to comply with our data procedures and policies, and if they put in place adequate data security measures.
YOUR RIGHTS – MARKETING COMMUNICATION
- You will only receive marketing communications from us and/or approved third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise submitted your consent to us for these purposes).
- You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us or change your preferences at any time by emailing yeovalley.co.uk/unsubscribe
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
- If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you may make a request in writing. Send all such requests to the addresses below.Data Contacts
- For email requests : email@example.com
- For written requests : Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7YE
- Full Address of the Data Controller : Yeo Valley HQ, Rhodyate, Blagdon, Bristol BS40 7YE
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
- Your data may also be processed by staff that work for us or for one of our suppliers and may be situated outside the country where you entered that information. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our service(s) to you and the provision of support services.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to Yeo Valley have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for Yeo Valley.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
- This policy was written and approved on 18th May 2018. Any amendments will be available on this page.
Keep up with everything happening in the valley...
...including upcoming events, recipes, competitions and more. Just pop your email address in below: