1. Preheat a waffle maker to high heat. Set the oven to 200c/392F/Gas Mark 6 and place a lined baking tray in the oven ready to hold and warm the waffles.
(Don’t have a waffle maker? No problem, use a griddle pan or alternatively buy a waffle mould to make these scrumptious waffles!)
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, ensuring all the ingredients are combined after each addition. Make sure the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the yogurt and milk, again mix till smooth. The batter is ready to cook
4. Once the waffle maker is hot, spray a little vegetable oil or add a knob of butter to ensure the waffles do not stick
5. Using a ladle add a large spoonful to the waffle maker – cook for 3 minutes undisturbed
6. Open the waffle maker, the waffles should be risen and golden brown
7. Once cooked leave to rest on the warm baking tray in the oven until ready to serve
8. Serve with toppings of your choice; fresh fruit, Yeo Valley Apple & Berry Compote or Mixed Berry Compote, Yeo Valley Vanilla Crème Fraiche, more Superthick Yogurt, syrups or honey or almond butter
As mentioned above, if you don’t have a waffle maker use a griddle pan. Add a teaspoon of butter to the pan, after the butter has melted use a ladle to add a large spoonful of batter and cook over medium heat for 6 mins. Don’t forget to flip over and cook for a further 6 mins.
OR using waffle moulds, spray/brush the moulds with oil, pour the batter in (no more than ¾ full) filling all corners and bake for 12 – 15 mins at 220℃